|Back to Back Issues Page|
The Icing on the Cake, Issue #011 -- What's New & A Buttercream Icing Tip
November 08, 2006
The Icing on the Cake, Issue #11 - What's New & and A Buttercream Icing Tip
Issue #11, November 8, 2006The Icing on the Cake brings you the latest additions to our cake decorating site Easy-Birthday-Cakes.com.
If you like this newsletter or like our site, please pass it on to a friend! We aim to help you make fantastic looking birthday cakes by giving you ideas, instructions and pictures of many different cakes.
If a friend did forward this newsletter to you, and you would like to receive it yourself, please subscribe by visiting The Icing on the Cake
We added 9 new cakes to the Easy-Birthday-Cakes website in the month of October. One of the new cakes was added to the Baby Cakes section, two were added to the Character Cakes Section, three were added to the Holiday Cakes section and one was added to the Kids Birthday Cakes section. As always, there is a picture and instructions showing you how each cake was made. Here are all the new additions in October. . .
1. Unicorn Cake This is a really cute sheet cake that is decorated to look like a unicorn. This cake was added to the Kids Birthday Cakes section. Please click to see the Unicorn Cake.
2. Shrek Cake This is a cake decorated to look like Shrek. If you know someone that liked the movie Shrek, then they will love this cake. Please click to see the Shrek Cake.
3. Donkey from Shrek Cake This cake goes great with the Shrek cake and they make a nice pair if you need to feed a lot of people. This cake was made with the Shrek cake for a Shrek themed birthday party. Please click to see the Donkey Cake.
4. Purse Cake This is a really easy cake to make. It can be made for anyone using their initials. Please click to see the Purse Cake.
5. Easy and Elegant Cake This is a sheet cake with a single rose placed in the center. It is a really easy cake to make for a birthday or just about any other occasion. Please click to see the Easy Birthday Cake.
6. Christening Cake This is a great idea to do for a Christening Cake with the baby’s picture on top. See last month’s newsletter for easy instructions for putting a picture on your cake top. Please click to see the Christening Cake.
7. Ghost Cake This is a one of three cakes that were added for Halloween. All three of them are really easy to make. Please click to see the Ghost Cake.
8. Bat Cake This is the second Halloween cake that was added. This cake goes well with the Ghost Cake if you need to feed a lot of people. Please click to see the Bat Cake.
9. Pumpkin Cake This is the second pumpkin cake that was added to the site. This one if very different than the first, so make sure to check them both out to see which one you like better. Please click to see the Pumpkin Cake.
A Buttercream Icing TipHere is a great buttercream icing tip to make your buttercream icing taste even better:
Some people don't like buttercream icing because it is so sweet. Here is a great way to make it a bit less sweet tasting. Of course it is still going to be sweet, but this will make it taste even better. Just follow this Buttercream Icing Recipe only add one envelope of dry powder whip topping (such as Dream Whip) to your icing and whip it for three more minutes.
How to Stay Up to Date With All the New Additions. . .Remember, there are three ways for you to stay updated with all of the new additions to our Easy Birthday Cakes site:
1. Subscribe to "The Icing on the Cake" our monthly newsletter (which chances are you have already done if you are reading this).
2. Bookmark our Easy Birthday Cakes Blog Page. This way you can visit whenever you want and you will instantly see what are the latest additions. Click here to go directly to the Cake Blog page.
3. Subscribe to our RSS feed. If you do not yet know about RSS and would like to find out more, click here.
Have a great month!
Cristy and Cathy
|Back to Back Issues Page|