My Graduation Cake
I made this cake to appropriate my success on completing my first degree in Business Information Technology.
These are the steps I followed:
- made Gum past
- colored it with red color and green
- prepared the wires
- the I made the roses and the buds
- the the leafs and the ribbon badges black and cream with golden edges.
- soaked the fruits in wine
- after 42 hrs I made the cake mixture
- then backed the 2 cakes in 14 inch can and 8 inch can
- I made the fondant and colored it in black and cream
- placed the 14 inch cake on a covered board
- after 3 hrs I placed the 8 inch cake on the 14 inch cake and covered it.
- decorated the base of the cakes using a ribbon and fondant cuts for the base cake and fondant cuts for the top cake.
- bond the flowers, the leafs and the ribbon badges to create a spray on the picture then placed it on the cake and secured it with gum past.
Click here to post comments
Return to February 2012 Cake Decorating Contest Submission Form.
Must See Pages for this Month!
Sign up for our free
newsletter "The Icing on the Cake"