by Rishelle Basa
(Daet, Camarines Norte)
Ingredients for Strawberry-flavored Icing:
1. 6 egg whites
2. 3 tbsp powdered sugar
3. 1 tsp cream of tartar
4. 2 tsp McCORMICK strawberry flavor
5. 5 tbsp of water
6. 7 tbsp of washed sugar
7. 1 small chiffon cake
1. Into the electric/hand mixer, mix altogether the 6 egg whites, 3 tbsp powdered sugar, and 1 tsp cream of tartar.
Note: When the egg whites is soften, you may add the next
ingredients - powdered sugar, cream of tartar.
2. In the sauce pan, boil the water and add the sugar. When the sugar turns to syrup, add the McCORMICK.
3. Then, when the number 2 mixture is done, in low heat, add the number 1 mixture. While heating, using an egg beater, altogether, beat them constantly, until it looks like an icing.
4. Using your icing decorator, you are ready to design your Chiffon Cake.