|Back to Back Issues Page|
Hurry! Only Two Weeks Left and My Favorite Cake Recipe
March 17, 2010
The Icing on the Cake, Issue #19 - Only Two Weeks Left to Enter Our Cake Decorating Contest!
March 17, 2010
The Icing on the Cake brings you the latest additions to our cake decorating site Easy-Birthday-Cakes.com.
If you like this newsletter or like our site, please pass it on to a friend! We aim to help you make fantastic looking birthday cakes by giving you ideas, instructions and pictures of many different cakes.
If a friend did forward this newsletter to you, and you would like to receive it yourself, please subscribe by visiting The Icing on the Cake
Only Two Weeks Left to Enter Our Cake Decorating Contest for a Chance to Win!
Please read this entire section as there is some very important MUST KNOW information concerning the contest
Hurry, there are only two weeks until the deadline of March 31, 2010 for you to enter your cakes in the Cake Decorating Contest. By entering, you will have a chance of winning an Amazon gift card.
1. If you think that you have already submitted your cake to the contest and you do not see it on this page (scroll to the bottom to see the entries): Cake Decorating Contest Entry Form, then chances are your photo of your cake did not come through. I have tried to contact you, but either you submitted the wrong e-mail address, you did not respond, or you did not submit your e-mail address. In that case, please contact me at email@example.com or through the Contact Form on the site. I don't want to see anyone's cake get left out! This brings me to the next two points:
2. Winners will be notified by e-mail, so make sure you enter your e-mail address to be eligible to win and also to whitelist firstname.lastname@example.org to be sure you are able to receive our e-mail and it does not go into your spam folder. Don't worry, your e-mail will only be used in case there is a problem with your submission or to notify you if you win and to send you your prize!
3. Enter your cakes now because as it gets towards the end of the contest, there is usually a rush of submissions and I may not have the time to contact you to ask for the photo etc. So get your submissions in now so others can comment on them (make sure to tell your family and friends too) and just in case anything were to go wrong, I will still have time to contact you (just remember to enter your e-mail address or I will have no way of contacting you if there is something wrong or if you win!).
4. If you are entering a wedding cake, anniversary cake, bridal shower cake or groom's cake, it should be entered at our new site Wedding Cakes Connection. Make sure you head on over there and take a look at the beautiful cake submission that have already been submitted to that site as well! Here is the Wedding Cakes Contest Submission Form (Again scroll down below the submission form to see the entries).
For all the details, go to our Cake Decorating Contest Submissions page and read all about it!
Hope to see all of your wonderful cakes soon!
My Absolute Favorite All Time Cake Recipe
I just added my absolute all time favorite cake recipe to the site. It is a chocolate peanut butter cake and it is simply yummy! and easy to make too. If you are short on time and want to make a great dessert, you can substitute a brownie mix for the brownie part of the recipe. You can get the new recipe here:Brownie Peanut Butter Tiara Cake.
Hope you like it as much as I do.
Cake Questions and Answers Section Getting an UpgradeThere have been so many great questions and answers submitted to the cake decorating questions and answers section, that it is time for some much need organization. This is in progress so look for that improvement soon. Hopefully it will make it easier for you to find the answer that you need and will prevent redundant questions. We are also in the process of pulling the best tips from all of the submissions along the way to pull them together in one place. Look for this update in the near future!
How to Stay Up to Date With All the New Additions. . .Remember, there are three ways for you to stay updated with all of the new additions to our Easy Birthday Cakes site:
1. Subscribe to "The Icing on the Cake" our monthly newsletter (which chances are you have already done if you are reading this).
2. Bookmark our Easy Birthday Cakes Blog Page. This way you can visit whenever you want and you will instantly see what are the latest additions. Click here to go directly to the Cake Blog page.
3. Subscribe to our RSS feed. If you do not yet know about RSS and would like to find out more, find out more here.
Have a great month and submit your cakes!
Cristy and Cathy
|Back to Back Issues Page|