|Back to Back Issues Page|
The Icing on the Cake, Issue #005 -- What's New & a Hot decorating tip!
May 08, 2006
The Icing on the Cake, Issue #05 - What's New & A Hot Decorating Tip!May 8, 2006
The Icing on the Cake brings you the latest additions to our cake decorating site Easy-Birthday-Cakes.com.
If you like this newsletter or like our site, please pass it on to a friend! We aim to help you make fantastic looking birthday cakes by giving you ideas, instructions and pictures of many different cakes.
If a friend did forward this newsletter to you, and you would like to receive it yourself, please subscribe by visiting The Icing on the Cake
Issue #5, May 8, 2006
12 new cakes were added during the month of April as well as one new section. The new section is the Other Cakes section. This is for cakes that did not fit into any of the other sections. These cakes are mostly special occasion cakes such as graduation cakes, first communion cakes, bridal shower cakes etc.
Of the 12 new cakes that were added during the month of April, 2 cakes were added to the Kids Birthday Cakes section, 1 cake was added to the Character Cakes section, 5 cakes were added to the new Other Cakes section, 2 cakes were added to the Sports Cakes section, and 2 cakes were added to the Baby Cakes section.
Here are all of the cakes that were added during the month of April…
1. Dog Birthday Cake This is a sheet cake that is cut out in the shape of "The Dog". This is a really adorable cake. Definitely check this one out! Please click to see the Dog Birthday Cake
2. Graduation Cake with School Colors This is a sheet cake that is decorated using the school colors of the graduate. This is one idea of a cake that you can make for a graduation. Please click to see the Graduation Cake.
3. Graduation Cake with School Mascot This is another idea for a graduation cake. Two are shown here. These were made for a high school graduate. One was made representing the high school and the other represented the college the student would be attending. This is a great idea for graduations, especially if you need lots of cake! Please click to see the Graduation Cakes.
4. Cross Cake This cake was made using the cross cake pan. It is a great cake for either a baptism or a first holy communion or any other religious event. Please click to see the Cross Cake.
5. First Communion Cake This is a sheet cake decorated for a first holy communion. It is one of two different styles that were added this month. Please click to see the First Communion Cake.
6. Another First Communion Cake This is another sheet cake decorated especially for a first holy communion. Please click to see the First Communion Cake.
7. Basketball Cakes These cakes are in the shape of a basketball hoop and basketball. This is a great cake for any basketball player or basketball fan. Please click to see the Basketball Cakes.
8. Football Helmet Cake This is a cake in the shape of a football helmet. It is a great cake for any football player or football fan and can be decorated to match the player's team or the fan's favorite team. Please click to see the Football Helmet Cake.
9. Flower Birthday Cake This is a cake cut out from a sheet cake in the shape of flowers with a dragonfly sitting on them. It is a very cheery and colorful cake. Please click to see the Flower Birthday Cake.
10. Baby Birthday Cake This is a cake decorated with the theme of the popular children’s book "Guess How Much I Love You". It is perfect for a baby's first birthday cake. Please click to see the Baby Birthday Cake.
11. Baptism Cake This is another idea for a baptism cake. It is a very beautiful cake. Make sure you check out the other baptism and christening cakes in this section too. Please click to see the Baptism Cake.
12. Rocket Ship Cake This is a great idea for a space themed birthday party. This one was made for my nephew’s 8th birthday and it was a big hit! Please click to see the Rocket Ship Cake.
Coming in May: I still have a lot of new cakes to add. I don’t think I will ever catch up to where I will only be adding the new ones that are made. There are currently well over 100 cakes on the site. I think I have enough pictures of cakes that have not been added yet to double that, so keep checking back to see the new ones that were added. If only I had more time! If there is a particular cake that you would like to see, please contact me through the contact form on the website and if I have that particular cake, I will try to add it first.
A Hot Cake Decorating TipA HOT tip for achieving a super smooth finish on your iced cake:
A lot of the cakes on our site call for you to ice the cake making sure that the surface is smooth. Here is a great tip to help you make that super smooth finish. Let your cake spatula sit in a full glass of hot water for a minute. Remove the spatula, and shake off the excess water. Run the cake spatula over a section of the iced cake. Repeat this process until the cake surface is nice and smooth.
How to Stay Up to Date With All the New Additions. . .Remember, there are three ways for you to stay updated with all of the new additions to our Easy Birthday Cakes site:
1. Subscribe to "The Icing on the Cake" our monthly newsletter (which chances are you have already done if you are reading this).
2. Bookmark our Easy Birthday Cakes Blog Page. This way you can visit whenever you want and you will instantly see what are the latest additions. Click here to go directly to the Cake Blog page.
3. Subscribe to our RSS feed. If you do not yet know about RSS and would like to find out more, click here.
Have a great month!
Cristy and Cathy
|Back to Back Issues Page|