|Back to Back Issues Page|
The Icing on the Cake, Issue #003 -- What's New & How to Make Super Moist Cakes
March 07, 2006
The Icing on the Cake, Issue #03 - What's New & How to Make Super Moist Cakes!March 7, 2006
The Icing on the Cake brings you the latest additions to our cake decorating site Easy-Birthday-Cakes.com.
If you like this newsletter or like our site, please pass it on to a friend! We aim to help you make fantastic looking birthday cakes by giving you ideas, instructions and pictures of many different cakes.
If a friend did forward this newsletter to you, and you would like to receive it yourself, please subscribe by visiting The Icing on the Cake
Issue #3, March 7, 2006Well, February is a short month, in fact it is hard to believe it is already March. I was only able to add 12 new cakes during the 28 short days of February. The good news is that a new section was added. The section that was added is the Holiday Cakes section. I added this section and it has 6 new cakes so far. This is a work in progress and many more holiday cakes will be added in the coming months.
The other 6 new cakes were added to the Kids Birthday Cakes section. As always, there is a picture and instructions showing you how each cake was made. Here are all the new additions in February. . .
1. Buzz Lightyear This is a sheet cake that has been cut out in the shape of Buzz Lightyear. Please click to see the Buzz Lightyear Cake.
2. Mermaid Cake This is a round cake that is decorated with a mermaid on top. This would be a good cake for a Little Mermaid fan or a fan of mermaids in general. This is one of the more easier cakes to decorate. Please click to see the Mermaid Cake.
3. Sesame Street Sign Cake This is a really cute cake to make for a child’s birthday because you put the name of the birthday child on the sign instead of "Sesame." For example, in this cake the sign reads "Ryan’s Street." Please click to see the Sesame Street Sign Cake.
4. Flag Cake This is a sheet cake that is decorated to look like an American flag. This is a great cake for 4th of July celebrations. Please click to see the Flag Cake.
5. Halloween Cake I know you will have to wait a while to try this cake, but it is a pumpkin cut out from a sheet cake. It is easy to cut out and to decorate. Make sure you remember to try making this cake next Halloween. Please click to see the Halloween Cake.
6. Christmas Cake This is a very easy festive cake to make. Please click to see the Christmas Cake.
7. 4th of July Cake This is a great cake to try for a 4th of July party. It is easy, yet looks spectacular. Please click to see the 4th of July Cake.
8. Easter Egg Cakes Just in time for Easter, these easy to decorate Easter egg cakes look great. You can basically decorate them however you want, the more colorful the better! Please click to see the Easter Egg Cakes.
9. Turkey Cake This is a great looking cake made from two round cakes. Again, you will have to wait a while to try making this cake, but it is a really fantastic looking cake that is sure to wow your Thanksgiving guests. Please click to see the Turkey Cake.
10. Elephant Cake This is a cake in the shape of an elephant that is cut out from a sheet cake. It is a really cute cake for a zoo party or a child that likes elephants. Please click to see the Elephant Cake.
11. Lion Birthday Cake This is a really cute cake that also goes with the zoo theme. Please click to see the Lion Birthday Cake.
12. Jaguar Cake This cake is very easy to make and decorate. It can also be used with a zoo theme. Please click to see the Jaguar Cake.
Coming in March: My plan for March is to separate out the character cakes from the Kids Birthday Cakes section. The Kids Birthday Cakes section is simply getting way too big and I still have several more to add, so I am going to break it into two sections so that the page will not take forever to load. All of the character cakes will be in one section and the other kids birthday cakes will remain in the Kids Birthday Cakes section. Be sure to check both sections to find the cake you are looking for (as it is not really clear in which section some of them belong.)
I will also be adding pictures showing last month’s pattern transfer method, so look for that coming soon in the Tips and Techniques section.
The Secret to a Super Moist CakeIf you want to make your cakes extra moist, try adding a box of instant pudding mix to your cake mix. Your cake mix will either call for 1 1/4 cups of water or 1 1/3 cups of water. If it calls for 1 1/4 cups, increase it by 1/4 cup to 1 1/2 cups. If it calls for 1 1/3 cups, increase it by 1/3 cup to 1 2/3 cups. This will give you a super moist cake that tastes absolutely fabulous!
How to Stay Up to Date With All the New Additions. . .Remember, there are three ways for you to stay updated with all of the new additions to our Easy Birthday Cakes site:
1. Subscribe to "The Icing on the Cake" our monthly newsletter (which chances are you have already done if you are reading this).
2. Bookmark our Easy Birthday Cakes Blog Page. This way you can visit whenever you want and you will instantly see what are the latest additions. Click here to go directly to the Cake Blog page.
3. Subscribe to our RSS feed. If you do not yet know about RSS and would like to find out more, click here.
Have a great month!
Cristy and Cathy
|Back to Back Issues Page|