|Back to Back Issues Page|
The Icing on the Cake, Issue #007 -- What's New & If You are Short on Time...
July 10, 2006
The Icing on the Cake, Issue #07 - What's New & and If You are Short on Time...
Issue #7, July 10, 2006We added 9 new cakes to the Easy-Birthday-Cakes website in the month of June. One of the new cakes was added to the Adult Birthday Cakes section, two were added to the Character Cakes Section and four were added to the Kids Birthday Cakes section. As always, there is a picture and instructions showing you how each cake was made. Here are all the new additions in June. . .
1. Luau Cake This is a really cute sheet cake that has two palm trees on it and a hula dancer. I added it to the unique cakes section because it could be used for kids and adults alike. It is a great cake for a luau party theme. Please click to see the Luau Cake.
2. Toy Story Cake This is a great cake for a toy story theme. It is a Buzz Lightyear design. This is the second Buzz Lightyear design in this section, so make sure you check out the other one too if you haven't already. Please click to see the Toy Story Cake.
3. Power Ranger Cake This is a sheet cake that is decorated with a Power Ranger on the top. I know that there are a lot of kids who are Power Ranger fans and this would make a great cake for them. Please click to see the Power Ranger Cake.
4. Ballerina Cake This is a sheet cake with a ballerina dancer doll on the top. It is the perfect birthday cake for a ballet dancer. Please click to see the Ballerina-Cake.
5. Star Wars Birthday Cake This is a sheet cake with Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader on the top. It is great for any Star Wars fan. There is also a Darth Vader Cake in this section as well. Please click to see the Star Wars Birthday Cake.
6. Coke Cake This is a round birthday cake with a coca-cola theme. Yes, you can make a birthday cake with any theme you want. This is a really creative and different one. Please click to see the Coke Cake.
7. Pirate Birthday Cake This is another design of a pirate birthday cake that was cut our from a sheet cake. It is great for a pirate birthday theme. Please click to see the Pirate Birthday Cake.
8. Frog Birthday Cake This is another design of a frog birthday cake. There are now three different frogs on the site. Two of them are on the same page (the other frog page, not this one) so make sure you see them all. Please click to see the Frog Birthday Cake.
9. Monkey Birthday Cake This is another design for a monkey birthday cake. It is a really cute pink monkey. There are now two different monkey cake designs and more on the way. Please click to see the Monkey Birthday Cake.
If You Are Short On Time. . .If you are short on time or you just like to prepare ahead, you can make your buttercream icing in advance a few days ahead of when you plan on decorating your cake. The secret is to put it in an airtight container (I use a plastic one) and keep it in the refrigerator. When you are ready to use it, take it out and leave it sit at room temperature for a few hours. Then, simply whip it up with a spoon for a few minutes and the icing will be ready to use!
Many of you have been sending in questions through our contact form. I have tried to answer each and every one of them within a few days so if you have submitted a question, but did not receive an answer, the e-mail may be being blocked or sent to your spam or bulk e-mail folder. To solve this, add info@easy-birthday-cakes to your address book/contact list and to your ISP/mail provider's whitelist.
Keep sending in your questions, we will respond the best we can and if something tends to come up often enough, we can address it in this newsletter. Some of the tips have come from your questions so keep on sending them and let us know what you want to know!
How to Stay Up to Date With All the New Additions. . .Remember, there are three ways for you to stay updated with all of the new additions to our Easy Birthday Cakes site:
1. Subscribe to "The Icing on the Cake" our monthly newsletter (which chances are you have already done if you are reading this).
2. Bookmark our Easy Birthday Cakes Blog Page. This way you can visit whenever you want and you will instantly see what are the latest additions. Click here to go directly to the Cake Blog page.
3. Subscribe to our RSS feed. If you do not yet know about RSS and would like to find out more, click here.
Have a great month!
Cristy and Cathy
|Back to Back Issues Page|