|Back to Back Issues Page|
The Icing on the Cake, Issue #001 -- What's New & A Very Important Tip
January 03, 2006
The Icing on the Cake, Issue #01 - What's New & a Very Important Cake Decorating Tip!January 3, 2006
The Icing on the Cake brings you the latest additions to our cake decorating site Easy-Birthday-Cakes.com.
If you like this newsletter or like our site, please pass it on to a friend! We aim to help you make fantastic looking birthday cakes by giving you ideas, instructions and pictures of many different cakes.
If a friend did forward this newsletter to you, and you would like to receive it yourself, please subscribe by visiting The Icing on the Cake
Issue #1, January 2006December has been a very busy month! However, in between the parties, shopping, eating and celebrating, we did manage to add 18 new cakes to the Easy-Birthday-Cakes website.
1. Batman and Robin Cake This is a sheet cake with Batman and Robin drawn and decorated on the top of the cake. There is also a bat shadow in the background. Find out how the shadow was made . . . This is a very interesting technique and a good one to know. Please click to see the Batman and Robin Cake.
2. Spider Bug Cake This is a very colorful three-dimensional great looking cake with pipe cleaners for legs! You won’t believe how this cake was made. You must check this one out! Please click to see the Spider Bug Cake.
3. Princess Cake This is a sheet cake with a princess drawn on the top and decorated. Please click to see the Princess Cake.
4. Cinderella Cake This is a character cake that is cut out from a sheet cake in the shape of Cinderella and then decorated to look like Cinderella. Please click to see the Cinderella Cake.
5. Disney Princess Cake This is a sheet cake with Cinderella, Belle and Snow White drawn and decorated on the top of the cake. Please click to see the Disney Princess Cake.
6. Smiley Cake This is an extremely simple round cake decorated as a Smiley face! This is a great cake to use as the "dig in" cake for a child's first birthday! Please click to see the Smiley Cake.
7. Volleyball Cakes This one is actually two cakes. There are two different styles of volleyball cakes shown. Pick the one you like best for the volleyball player or fan that you know. Please click to see the Volleyball Cakes.
8. Team Logo Cake This is a simple round cake with the Steeler’s logo on the top. Replace the Steeler’s logo with whatever team you would like. Sport’s fans will love this cake and it is very simple to make! Please click to see the Team Logo Cake.
9. Racquetball Cake This is a great looking cake that any racquetball player is sure to love. Please click to see the Racquetball Cake.
10. Spiderman Cake This is a character cake that is cut out from a sheet cake. It is a simple shape to cut out and a simple cake to decorate. Please click to see the Spiderman Cake.
11. Dalmatian Cake This is a really cute cake that goes great with a 101 Dalmatians theme. Please click to see the Dalmatian Cake.
12. Barbie Cake This is a really pretty cake for any Barbie fan. This one was made with fondant, but if you don’t like working with fondant, you can use regular icing as well and still have a great looking cake. Please click to see the Barbie Cake.
13. Dora the Explorer Cake This is a character cake that is cut out from a sheet cake and then decorated to look like Dora’s head. Please click to see the Dora the Explorer Cake.
14. Hello Kitty Cake This is a round cake with Hello Kitty decorated on top. This is a very colorful cake! Please click to see the Hello Kitty Cake.
15. Fairy Cake This is a really great looking cake that is cut out from a sheet cake and then decorated as a really cute fairy. Please click to see the Fairy Cake
16. Elmo Cake This is a simple to make Elmo cake that is sure to delight any child! Please click to see the Elmo Cake.
17. Wiggles Cake This is a simple to decorate cake that is cut out from a sheet cake in the shape of the Wiggle’s logo. Please click to see the Wiggle’s Cake.
18. Car Cake This is a car cut out from a sheet cake and decorated to look like Herbie. You can decorate it to look like any car you would like though. Please click to see the Car Cake.
A Very Important Cake Decorating TipHere is a very important decorating tip:
If you are going to cut out the shape of your cake yourself (and not use a special sculpted cake pan), you need to know this decorating tip. After you have cut out your image from your sheet cake (or other cake), put a thin layer of icing over the entire cake and let it sit for a while until it sets. Then you can begin icing your cake as you normally would.
The thin layer of icing will hold the crumbs in place so that they will not get into your icing when you are decorating your cake.
How to Stay Up to Date With All the New Additions. . .There are now three ways for you to stay updated with all of the new additions to our Easy Birthday Cakes site:
1. Subscribe to "The Icing on the Cake" our monthly newsletter (which chances are you have already done if you are reading this).
2. Bookmark our Easy Birthday Cakes Blog Page. This way you can visit whenever you want and you will instantly see what are the latest additions. Click here to go directly to the Cake Blog page.
3. Subscribe to our RSS feed. If you do not yet know about RSS and would like to find out more, click here.
Next month’s tip is going to be a good one for those of you who would like more help with drawing on sheet cakes. . .so stay tuned!
We hope you have a healthy and happy new year! See you next month!
Cristy and Cathy
|Back to Back Issues Page|