by Brenda
(Carver, MA)

What type of frosting is in the grocery store (ie: Betty Crocker/Duncan Hines)? I see that they have a buttercream, but what would you call the other flavors? Are they any good for decorating?

Comments for Frosting

Click here to add your own comments

Aug 09, 2010
by: Brenda

That's good to know! Thanks.

Aug 08, 2010
by: Kelly

Most Walmart's carry Wilton buttercreme in a tub.

I use the small canned icing your talking about on cupcakes when it's just a quick thing for the kids.
You can't really decorate with it because it's toooooooooooo mushy.

Jul 23, 2010
I really don't know
by: Nancy of Ca

I haven't used the canned frosting for a decorated cake. but I think for the filling it would work. It seems to me that it's a little soft. Nancy of CA

Click here to add your own comments

Return to Cake Decorating Questions and Answers.

Must See Pages for this Month!

Free Newsletter

Sign up for our free newsletter "The Icing on the Cake"




Don't worry -- your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you The Icing on the Cake.

Cake Categories


Cake Decorating

Party Favors

Personalized Candy Bar Wrappers make great party favors for any event. Visit our other site for candy wrappers and more.

Keep In Touch


What's New?

Submit Your Cake

Previous Contest Winners

Most Viewed Cake This Month

Submit Your Cake