Plain Tea Cake
by Nazim A.Rahim
- 1&1/2 cups sugar.
- 3/4 cup veg. oil or butter or margaring (or a mixture).
- 4 eggs.
- 0ne 170g. can of condense OR evaporated milk.
- 2 cups all purpose flour.
- 2 tsp baking powder.
- grease & flour a big loaf tin.
- heat oven to 170-180C.
- you can use stand or hand mixer
-sift flour with baking powder.
- in mixing bowel cream Oil & sugar..then add oil & beat for a minute..then add eggs one at a time & beat after each addition till it mixes well...then gradually pour the condensed or evaporated milk & beat till the mixture gets homogenous...then gradually add flour mixture 1/4 cup at a time & mix till the batter gets smooth & all the flour is absorbed....pour the batter into the prepared tin & bakes for 40 minutes, test by inserting a fork or a BBQ stick in the middle..it will be done if the testing instrument came out clean...or you leave it bake for more time & test every 5 minutes...may take 10 minutes more (=50 minutes total time).
Wish you'll enjoy it.
Must See Pages for this Month!
Sign up for our free
newsletter "The Icing on the Cake"