Pram Baby Shower Cake
by Muazza Dadamia
(Nelspruit, Mpumalanga, South Africa)
To make this Pram Baby Shower Cake, you will need:
30cm Round Prepared Board
175g Butter Icing (Coloured as desired)
125g Moulding Icing
1/2 Individual Swiss Roll (Half Length Wise)
125g Royal Icing
Four Round Sweet Biscuits
Liquorice Ribbon or Pipe Cleaner
1. Preheat oven to moderate heat; grease and line a 20cm round cake pan.
2. Bake cake as per Cake Mix directions, pour into pan and bake in moderate oven till done. Turn onto a wire rack to cool.
3. Cut the cake in half to make 2 semi-circles and sandwich together with some of the butter icing.
4. Cut off and discard a small slice from the rounded end and place the cake, this side down, on a board. Cover the sides with butter icing.
5. Roll out the moulding icing thinly on a surface sprinkled with corn flour.
6. Cut out a 15x10cm rectangle for the blanket. Cut two 10x2.5cm strips for the under and over sheets.
7. Cover the swiss roll half with the remaining moulding icing to make a pillow. Place the pillow on the top of the pram and the under sheet next to it.
8. Colour the royal icing as desired.
9. Place the over sheet on top.
10. Use the royal icing and a #2 writing nozzle, pipe lines onto the biscuits to represent wheels and place a smartie in the centre of each one. Place the wheels into position.]
11. Outline the pillow, top sheet and sides of the pram with Royal Icing lines. Then pipe the childs name on the blanket.
12. Using Royal Icing and a fluted nozzle, pipe a star border around the edges of the pram, then with a #1 writing nozzle pipe a lace work design on the blanket or decorate with sugar flowers.
13. Decorate the sides with sugar flowers. Use the liquorice or the pipe cleaner as the handle.
Comments for Pram Baby Shower Cake
Click here to add your own comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Baby Shower Cakes.
Must See Pages for this Month!
- Most Amazing Cakes Gallery
- Seasonal Cakes
- Unique Cakes
- Kids Cakes And Don't Forget...
- Our Home Page - Start Here!