stacking odd shaped tiers

by Heather Ullman
(Columbus, GA)

small body and big head.

small body and big head.

I was wondering, I want to attempt to sculpt a cake and to do so, I need to use some sort of non traditional cake stand. I want to create a character cake, but the head is bigger than the body. The head is going to be the actual cake and the body I was going to make out of gum paste. I need to know how they tier ball cakes with a skinny base, then I can just gum paste around the base and you wont see the stand. The character is from an internet cartoon that my husband likes. His birthday is coming soon.

Comments for stacking odd shaped tiers

Click here to add your own comments

Apr 16, 2009
odd shaped pans

You might use a football shaped pan and trim the points after it's cooled. Or use the big egg pan...

I know the football pan uses one cake mix.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Click here to add your own comments

Return to Cake Decorating Questions and Answers.

Must See Pages for this Month!

Free Newsletter

Sign up for our free newsletter "The Icing on the Cake"




Don't worry -- your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you The Icing on the Cake.

Cake Categories


Cake Decorating

Party Favors

Personalized Candy Bar Wrappers make great party favors for any event. Visit our other site for candy wrappers and more.

Keep In Touch


What's New?

Submit Your Cake

Previous Contest Winners

Most Viewed Cake This Month

Submit Your Cake